Autor Tema: Looking for Relatives in Prvic Luka  (Posjeta: 11057 vremena)

Joel

Looking for Relatives in Prvic Luka
« u: 29 Svibanj, 2007, 07:14:25 CEST »
Ime mi je Joel DeWitt. JA ¾iv in Sjedinjene Amerièke Dr¾ave. Oba od moj djed i baka je do¹ao Prvic Luka in srednji 1920’s. Moj Velik Djed ugled je Ante Santic. Moj baka ugled je Ljubica Santc ( roðen 1897). Njoj brat preterit od be Ante , Simi i Kristjan. Kristijan je sin naimenovan Simii. Moramo èuti da mo¾emo pa ipak imati odnosni Prvic Luka i Ja sam te¾ak to smjestiti njima. Moj obitelj ( ukljuèujuæi moj 80 godina star majka ) jesu planirajuæi potezni in 2008 u va¹ odbrojavanje. Internet bi bilo vrlo izbirljiv to sastati se neki na¹ odnosni. Mo¾e bilo tko popu¹tanje mene neki pomoæ in polo¾aj neki na¹ obitelj? Puno hvala unaprijed

Meri

Odg: Looking for Relatives in Prvic Luka
« Odgovori #1 u: 10 Srpanj, 2007, 02:39:33 CEST »
joel did you have any luck with finding information???
Da je siba u raju izresla, uzali su nasi stori govorit, ali tu danasnja generacija ne moze razumit.  :bootyshake::whip2:

Joel

« Odgovori #2 u: 16 Srpanj, 2007, 21:15:31 CEST »
No I haven't had any luck yet.  I used an online translator and hope that everything translated correctly.  I'm going to repost the message in English as well.

Thanks for the inquiry

Joel

« Odgovori #3 u: 16 Srpanj, 2007, 21:24:13 CEST »
My name is Joel DeWitt.  I live in the USA (California) and was doing search for Privic Luka.  I ran across your website and hopefully can find out some information.

Both of my grandparents came from Privic Luka in 1925.  My grandmother's name was Ljubica Santic my grandfather was Augstino Dobra (or Dobrina).  She was born in January 1897 and my grandfather March 1900.  She had 3 brothers.  Their names were Ante, Simi and Kristijan.  Kristijan has a son named Simi.

I am trying to locate any relatives in Privic Luka.

My mother was at a Croatian restaurant a few months ago, and the waitress' husband was from Privic Luka and she said that the Santic family has a big restaurant in Privic Luka. 

So I have been doing some searching on the Internet as my family is trying to plan a trip to Croatia in 2008.  It would be wonderful to find some of our family there.

Thank you very much for your time and hopefully some information.

Sincerely

Joel DeWitt

Meri

« Odgovori #4 u: 16 Srpanj, 2007, 22:38:52 CEST »
Hi Joel,

Hmm this is going to be strange but did your mother go to Ante's restaurant in San Pedro?  My mom, Elli is a waitress there and my dad is from Prvic Luka. 

I will ask my Baba for any information.   Someone on this forum has to know something.  Anyhow give me a few days and I will get back to you.  She is one of the oldest still alive so that's always promising for news. 

Are you in the Los Angeles area? 

Mary
Da je siba u raju izresla, uzali su nasi stori govorit, ali tu danasnja generacija ne moze razumit.  :bootyshake::whip2:

Meri

« Odgovori #5 u: 17 Srpanj, 2007, 00:57:26 CEST »
heheehhe you are related to Mile Santic (restaurant owner)

ok my dad and my baba know all your family information. 

do you live near san pedro?  we can all meet for some palacinke (crepes) at a caffe in san pedro and answer all your questions...also maybe provide you with suggestions for your trip..i have croatian travel brochures from the cultural center that could be of use for you...

Joel

« Odgovori #6 u: 17 Srpanj, 2007, 03:40:24 CEST »
Thanks Mary.  Unfortunately I am in the San Francisco Bay area.  Yes my mother spoke to your mom apparently on Mother's Day at Ante's.  My uncles are Sam Dobra and Tom Dobra.  My mother is Viola DeWitt and lives in Wilmington.  Here is my email address and if you email me, I'll give you her phone number and you could speak with her.

papabear@pacbell.net

THANK  YOU very much for your help.  Oh how I still miss my Baba to this day.  When I saw you write about your Baba, it brought back a lot of memories about mine.

Thanks again

Joel

Ana

« Odgovori #7 u: 17 Srpanj, 2007, 11:40:16 CEST »
Hi Joel!
Then you seem to be a distant relative of mine, on your grandmother's side. ;)  Unfortunately, I don't know any of the people you mentioned, but maybe we'll meet in Prvic next year, so I'll know you at least. :)

Let us know when you're coming...

Meri

« Odgovori #8 u: 17 Srpanj, 2007, 18:00:32 CEST »
Hehehe small world - Yup that was my mom!  You have no idea how many people from Prvic I have met, in the USA and from the cargo boats because of her  :-) 

No one can replace a Baba....  :smitten:

I'll emaill you right now!

Joel

« Odgovori #9 u: 18 Srpanj, 2007, 07:15:32 CEST »
So Ana, how do you think we are related?  Where are you located?